Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Fourth of July

This year we thought we would probably end up going down to my parents' lake house for the annual boat parade and fireworks, but the weather constrained us to good ole' home sweet home.  I guess that's a fitting way to spend this holiday--focusing on home, family, and our freedom to have them whenever and wherever we choose. We made the best of the rain and managed to have some fun anyway.

The boys let us sleep in until 8:30.  God bless America! 


We dressed up in red, white and blue (yes, my sons are wearing matching USA shirts and plaid shorts).



 We ate at Waffle House.  What says "America" better than waffles, bacon, and chocolate milk?


 Notice the dump truck that comes with us everywhere...

 Is this not the cutest face?


After breakfast we braved the monsoon and went to Walmart for some groceries.  Preston loves running in the rain.  Turns out Max hates it and screams like he is dying.

The boys had snacks and naps. 
Zach and I watched Skyfall. 
We ate burgers, pasta salad, corn on the cob, and glazed carrots (which nobody ate but me). 
We had a little time on the McQueen car when there was a break in the rain.



We read stories and said prayers before bed.

Pretty much a normal day...but it was nice to be able to reflect on how grateful I am for the freedom we have in this country.  I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. 

No comments: