Friday, January 14, 2011

Finally We'll Meet

I came across this little poem this morning and burst into tears at my desk. This poem sums up exactly how I have been feeling lately. I watched a home video not long ago where I was playing "dress up" at my grandma's house. On camera, my mom asked the 4-year-old-me what I was dressed up as. I twirled around and said, "I am a beautiful mother." That video reaffirmed how long I have dreamt of being a mom. I am so excited I finally get to be one! I had the startling realization that in 6 short weeks I will be half way done with my pregnancy. It seems like the days have been dragging on an on, but really they have flown by.


Finally We'll Meet

I love you, little baby
You're such a part of me.
Can't wait to hold you in my arms,
And hug you tenderly.
No matter what you look like,
You're beautiful, my love,
A precious gift bequeathed to me,
From heaven far above.
Each time I feel you moving,
My heart is filled with joy,
To think that very soon
I'll hold My little girl or boy,
I'm counting every moment,
Til you're mine at last, my sweet
It won't be long until your birth,
Then finally we'll meet.

Author: Sharon A. Blevins

2 comments:

Mandy Burnett said...

It really does fly by which is good because I am 36 weeks and threw up this morning. Oi! By the way I am being induced on the 3rd for some minor health issues, so if baby #3 doesn't come by then that should be the date! Hang in there...love the poem!

Marsha said...

You'll be so amazed at how much you love that little bundle and how much more love you'll have for Zach. Eric is such a sweet daddy.