The Prenatal Experience had an opening for that afternoon. It was such a spur-of-the-moment decision, that Zach and I were more nervous that we anticipated. When we arrived, the lady asked us if we had any feelings about the gender. We both thought it was going to be a girl. I would have put money on it. Not that I wanted it to be a girl over a boy, but my gut has told me "girl" all throughout this pregnancy. I was/am so sick, and people always say you are more sick with a girl. BOY were we wrong! (That reminds me. If I ever get pregnant with a girl, I'll probably be knocking on death's door).
When the ultrasound first started, the baby was asleep. The ultrasound tech jiggled my stomach to get the baby to wake up. It took a few minutes, but finally the baby started moving around. The ultrasound was projected up on the wall, so we got to see everything magnified. It was so cool! We saw our baby yawning, sucking his thumb, grabbing his feet, etc. We got a good view of his hands and feet. They were HUGE. The ultrasound tech asked if height ran in our families because our baby has long legs, a long spine, huge feet, and long fingers. At this point, I started hoping for a boy because I would rather saddle a boy with giant-status.
After about 30 minutes of switching positions, shaking my stomach, and moving around to different angles, the baby decided to cooperate. He had been teasing us the whole time. (We even saw him smile as if to show us his mischievous side...) But finally he rolled over, moved his hands, and showed us this:


Here's my smiling baby boy all curled up (for those of you who can't see, it looks like he's kneeling with this legs curled up underneath him). The nurse said to watch out for those long legs. They'll be able to pack a pretty powerful kick!
We are so happy and excited! Thanks to everyone who has been caring and supportive:)
B.A.
5 comments:
:) That is soooo fun! We were scared of Team Blue at first but soon realized how much fun it is! You will LOVE that little man so much! :)
congrats BA! how exciting! that makes it so much more real (not that all your sicknesses/doctors visits haven't been real). now you can start picking a name! yay!
Bring on the blue!!! Boys are so much fun!!!
LOVE that second pic! He'll be a cuddly little bugger! We went there too, and I think next time we'll go earlier than we did, so I can see the baby when there's more room! I"m so happy for you!
Yay!!! Boys are perfection! I promise you will love every minute of mothering a boy!
Congratulations!
Post a Comment