Friday, February 4, 2011

Wishful Thinking

I want to feel my baby move!

All of the pregnancy magazines and websites say it should happen around week 17-19 ish. I'm 17 weeks and DYING to feel my little guy move. For the past few days, I've gotten completely neurotic about it. I catch myself thinking about it all the time, and even convincing myself that "I may have just felt something!!" I think it has been the power of suggestion though.

Until today. Possibly.

I had just been thinking about how nice it would be to feel the baby move. Then I started eating an apple and catching up on my work email.

And I felt something move on the right side of my abdomen!

I really have no idea if it was the baby moving, or just gas (TMI?). But I know that I wasn't thinking about it when it happened, so there was no way I could have willed this. It wasn't a big feeling, but it was enough to make me stop eating my apple and go "oh my gosh!" in my mind.

Like I said, probably nothing. But maybe not? An interesting side note: I have Pandora playing on my computer right now. The alleged movement happened during that Enrique/Pitbull dance jam. Looks like we could have a Latin music lover on our hands...

Also, apparently my child is now the size of a "large onion". About 5.1 inches long (not including the legs, which I saw in the ultrasound are very long). Wouldn't you think I'd be able to feel that by now? Also, I hate thinking of my baby as an onion. What else is 5 inches? A grapefruit? I don't really like those either though. Hmmm.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Hey BethAnn, I hope you don't think it is weird that I read your blog :) People always say when you first feel your baby it feels like butterflies in your stomach, but for me it is always like yours, is this gas or baby? Probably at this point it is baby :) Congrats :)

Marsha said...

I bet it was the baby you felt. That's just what it feels like. You'll feel it stronger soon and it will be unmistakable. Then you'll SEE that abdomen as he kicks! I LOVED to watch when my belly would do the wave!

Anonymous said...

Maybe a really large peach?

Kim said...

Hey Bethann! I bet you did feel him! Do you think you've felt him more since you wrote this post? I remember it was hard for me at first with Julian because I had an ulterior placenta (meaning it was wedged between my skin and the baby) so it was harder for me to feel him than for most women (at first). Did the ultrasound tech say anything about that? :)