Thursday, February 24, 2011

Five Months

Today marks two very important things:

1) I have been married for exactly 5 months. Here is a picture to commemorate the best day of my life. Haha. Actually, this is the day after...and it's a pretty funny blooper, don't ya think?



2) I am exactly 20 weeks pregnant today! .....Why yes, that is exactly 5 months...Our baby is somewhere in the ballpark of a cantaloupe. I have never really liked the way pregnancy is measured, because technically I haven't been pregnant these whole five months, but that's the way they measure it, so whatever. Here's a picture we took at the grocery store the other day.



I have been told that I'm horrible at blogging (which I guess is true... between work, being pregnant, packing and moving, I can't seem to find the time to blog every other day) but here's a glimpse of what we've been up to this past month.


Here's a picture of me at 14 weeks. After Zach took this picture, I was super depressed about how huge I was. Now, I would give anything to be that small. And I'm sure in another month I'll look back at my pictures now and feel the same way :)

We have been my sister Alli's biggest soccer fans this season. Alli just won the team's MVP award. She was great! We only missed one game the whole season.



Since patience is not one of my strongest traits (as my husband so graciously points out), I decided I wanted to find out our baby's gender early. We went to a place called The Prenatal Experience to have an ultrasound.


Zach was really nervous....



It's a boy!


This is me at 18 weeks. I haven't taken a profile picture for 20 weeks, just the cantaloupe picture at the top. But I recently got 2 new maternity shirts, so I'll have to take a picture in one of them soon!

In other news, we are moving next week. With the arrival of a little one soon, we need another bedroom. Packing and moving is always stressful, but we are happy and excited about the new place. Hello, second ward!

Also, I am LOVING being pregnant. Not that I'm not still sick EVERY morning, I guess I'm just learning to enjoy it? Every time I feel sick or tired, I just keep remembering how lucky I am to be pregnant at all. During the day, it's generally not so bad. My appetite is back and my energy levels are up. I am feeling my little guy kick and roll around all the time. I wish I could describe the feeling to Zach, but can't do it justice. The kicks aren't too forceful or uncomfortable yet, so I'm cherishing every one. The baby seems to especially like Zach's voice. Zach has been reading bedtime stories every couple of nights (our current favorites: The Big Red Barn and Goodnight Moon). Zach puts his head right next to my belly and talks to the baby before and after he reads. I always feel more movement during all this. Its such a sweet experience.

Until next time,
B.A.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Your face looks thinner. Must all the puking! haha. See, even if you are putting on a little extra weight in some places, you are losing it in other places!
Also, glad you finally blogged again! I need these photo updates! And after the moving craziness is over, some in-person updates!

Tanya said...

*be. Must be. Man, I can't believe I just left an illiterate comment.

Marsha said...

You look SO beautiful, as always! I'm so excited for you! My wishes for you came true...I was a little OCD on all of my wishes for your wish tree!

freya said...

you are such a cute pregger lady! i want some in-person updates too! let's be friends!