Friday, August 26, 2011

Two Months

Let me just say, that having a two-month-old is way better than having a newborn. Not that I didn't love my newborn, but I love my two-month-old even more. We have so much fun together and I love him more each day. I often say that I didn't know what love was until I fell in love with Zach. And that's true. But I didn't know this kind of love existed until I met Preston. He has the strongest little personality (that is surprisingly like mine) and I learn more about him the older he gets. He is determined, stubborn, sweet, and cuddly. I can't wait to see how his personality blossoms over the next few months.

His two-month doctor's appointment was rough. I took my mom for emotional support (mine, not Preston's) because Zach had an important conference call. Mom ended up having to hold him during the shots because I was crying in the corner. That's right, shots are way worse for mom's and grandmoms. Before the shots, he was almost sleeping through the night. We would put him down around 9 or 10 and he was sleeping until 4 or 4:30. Then I would feed him a bottle and he would sleep until 8 or so. The shots messed everything up. He fussed all weekend and I could tell his legs hurt so badly. He didn't sleep at all. Since his schedule and routine got messed up with the shots, this past week has been rough getting back on the schedule. He is waking up a lot more often and I'm not really sure why. I am doing everything the same as I was before. For example, last night he slept from 8 to 11:50, but then was awake until 4 something, and then asleep on and off until we finally got up for good at 7:45. Talk about tired parents! Anyway, hopefully it will pass soon. We got a baby monitor (thanks Gma and Gpa Shrader!) so hopefully in the next few months we can start putting him in his own room instead of the pack n play next to our bed.

Like I said, he already has such a strong personality. He knows what he likes and he knows what he wants. He does not like a lot of stimulation, noise and confusion. And he reeeeaaalllyyy does NOT like a lot of people. He feels the safest with Zach and me, and will go to Grammie, Pops, Grandma and Grandpa Shrader, and most of my siblings without any issues. Branching out further than that is hard for him and days/nights when he has to entertain more people usually end in hysterical screams until we get him back home. Once we are home, the screaming stops and he is fine. It is very easy to over-stimulate him. It's sad because so many people love him and want to hold him, but he does NOT like it. Maybe he will eventually, but right now he doesn't like being passed around. My mom says I was the same way. He has also started to get a temper and is turning into quite the impatient/demanding child when it comes to bottles. Even though he isn't quite old enough, I made the switch to bigger bottle nipples because he was getting too frustrated with the smaller ones. He isn't chunky by any means (just give him time:) ) but he is a very good eater. He is drinking 5 ounces every 3.5 or 4 hours.

This past week and a half he has gotten really colicky. I know late-onset colic can be linked to possible food allergies and reflux so I am keeping an eye on him. If it gets much worse I think I'll call the doctor about it. My mom says I was a colicky baby too, and "what goes around, comes around." Thanks Mom :)

I know I am the epitome of a yuppy mom. I always knew that I would be, but it's still weird sometimes. I know that most of you don't care about my son's weird quirks and eating habits, but I know I'll be glad I wrote stuff like this down when he is older and I can't remember it anymore. Here are some pictures and cute comparisons.

This child is not starved for attention. Everyone loves him. He has Uncle Matty and Pops wrapped around his cute little finger.


You may not be able to tell, but to me the similarity between the next two pictures is completely obvious. What do you think? Slightly raised eyebrows and model faces?


Look how big he has gotten in two months!!! The first picture is the day we brought him home from the hospital.


Each month's photo shoot usually ends the same way. Here is an instance where he is more like his daddy than me. I could have my picture taken all. day. long. Not this guy. If I'm lucky I will get a few good shots before he has had enough. Just like Zach.



I took this yesterday. Pretty cute if I do say so myself!

Happy two months, Preston!!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love the comparison of the model faces. Freakin' twins!!