Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Things I Hear

For those of you who don't know, my baby brother is going to BYU-I. It is bitter-sweet to see him leave. He has been right beside me for 19 years (minus my 3 in college) so it is weird to send him off. What's even harder to think about is that he will return after a semester and then leave again for his mission. Ahhh! I can't say goodbye for two years!!! I will have a toddler by the time he gets back! Anyway, this post is not about how much I love my Matty. It's about house sitting for my parents while they accompany him to Rexburg. I'm thinking Mom is going to need a pedicure or something when she gets back to ease the blow. The woman is an emotional roller-coaster (as is to be expected when you take a kid to college).

I am staying with the girls until next Tuesday when they return. Zach is on a business trip until late Thursday night so I am currently acting as a single mother or four. We'll see how Preston does in a new house for a whole week. He is very used to his own bed and changing table and seems perplexed when I change his diaper on my mom's changing table. I digress.

My mom does funny blog posts about "The Things I Hear", so I thought I'd add a few to the list since I'm staying with them this week. I'm sure I'll have more, but just for starters:

Alli (getting off the bus in the afternoon): Uggg, I hate it when I don't have a pony-tail holder because I have to let my hair down.
Me: Why is that bad?
Alli: I don't like my hair down for three reasons: (1) it gets in the way when I run (2) it gets in the way of my work (3) I don't like boys crushin' on me.
Me: How does your hair make boys crush on you?
Alli: I don't know, I'm not a boy.
Me: But you think some boys have crushes on you?
Alli: I'm almost positive it's because of my hair.


I ran late on dinner tonight and whipped out some pasta with a jar of Prego.
Lydia: Sissy, Olive Garden is good, but it's NOTHING compared to this!

I proof-read Lydia's reading homework today. Her assignment was to write things she liked about her favorite restaurant. She chose Taco Bell. Bless her heart, the girl has classy taste. Here are a few things she wrote:

- The tacos have the creamiest cheese and the meat is so tender.
- I like their smoothies. They are odd and refreshing.
- Their drinks taste like a perfect blend of citrus flavors.
-The people working there always greet you with a smile and will change your order if you make a mistake.

It's going to be a fun week!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Hahaha. Love this post. I am missing my girls!

Debra Shrader said...

This is Jim, but I'm using Debbie's Google identity to post...Please tell Lydia that I like Taco Bell too. My favorite is the Enchirito (though the Seven Layer Burrito is way yummy too). I love it for pretty much the same reasons she loves it. Miss you all.