Three months marks that transition from "newborn" to "infant". I can definitely see the change in him too. He stays awake for pretty long stretches now and is so much fun to play with--although his definition of "playing" consists of lying on his back, staring at things, flailing his arms and legs, and smiling. His favorite thing to stare at is my face (probably because of my unmistakable beauty), but he also stares at the ceiling and the wall and gets so smiley and excited. If you were to ask my great-grandmother, she would say he is smiling at the angels. I believe her.
He is not a fan of tummy time, but I make him do it anyway. We do a little bit each day...until he screams. Then we stop.
He is SO close to laughing. He does half-laughs, but he has yet to do a belly laugh for us. Can't wait for that!
He still sleeps in the Pack n' Play next to our bed. One night last week I tried to put him in his own room and it didn't go too well (for any of us), so I put him back in our room around 1:00am. I think he's going to stay with us a little longer. He is still a VERY noisy sleeper. I have taken tons of video of him sleeping at night just so I can always remember his noises. The best is when I have Zach snoring loudly on one side of me, and Preston snoring on the other side. Good thing I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat and can sleep through anything.
Here are some pictures that didn't make it into the facebook album.
I love this picture and hate it at the same time. I love it because it's of my guy, but hate it because it shows how he is finally starting to lose some hair :( I hope it doesn't look too bad and grows back quickly!This pretty much describes how our whole day goes. We play and play and spit up all day. We both go though too many outfits a day and I constantly have to have a bib on him....that I change frequently because it starts smelling. Haha. A year ago I would have never guessed I would be blogging about the smell of my baby's spit up. Yep. I'm a mom I guess. Weird.
1 comment:
He is too cute! And I am so glad that I do not have the only baby who hates tummy time. I have barely done it at all. Even now Emma hates it, although she is starting to get on all fours and rock so I don't think it has affected her desire or ability to crawl. Did our parents do tummy time with us? I feel like it's a new thing.
Post a Comment