I can't believe I am the mother of a five-month-old! These five months have been the hardest and best of my life. It's so much fun getting to know my little guy's personality. He is such a happy, sweet, cuddly boy. He definitely is the light of our lives. At his 4 month appointment he weighed just over 15lbs. I would venture to say he is around 17 at this point. Most of his 6-month clothes are a little snug and some of the 9-month clothes fit perfectly.
He is pretty settled into a routine. He usually wakes up when Zach is getting ready for work in the morning. He has a bottle and then if I'm lucky, he will cuddle with me for a few more minutes so I don't have to get all the way out of bed yet :) Then we go for a diaper change (weirdly his favorite time ever is when he is on the changing table). After that we play for a little while. When he is good and tuckered out, I fix him a bottle and put him down for a nap. He will sleep for a couple of hours and then he wakes up and repeats the same cycle. Around dinner time I give him a jar of baby food. So far he has had: squash, sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, carrots, bananas, apples, and peaches. He wasn't a huge fan of bananas, peaches, or peas, but that didn't stop him from eating them anyway.... Around 7pm he starts getting tired. We usually give him a bath, read a few stories, play for a few minutes longer (which is more fun because Daddy's home), and then he has another bottle. Halfway through he is struggling to keep his eyes open, and then he is usually down for the night anywhere between 8pm-9:30pm, depending on the length of his naps and such. He is pretty good about sleeping though the night now. He doesn't need a bottle during the night anymore. Usually once every night around 4:30am he will wake up and whine, but he just needs to be re-swaddled and he is fine. He is still our room, and we will probably keep him with us until next month (The APA recommends they stay in your room until 6 months). That's it! A day in the life of Preston. Aren't you glad I gave you all this information?
I am convinced he is teething. His gums feel bumpy, but nothing has poked through yet. Zach and I both were early teethers, so I am expecting it soon. He chomps on everything he can get his little hands on and drools like a champ, so I know teeth are right around the corner. His hair is coming in, too. I think it's going to be light brown/dark blonde. His eyes are still blue, but are getting bluish grey. It's too soon to tell what color they will end up. I can't believe how big he is! Here are some pictures of my cutie :)




p.s. this is his favorite toy. It's not meant for chewing, but he doesn't know this so it is constantly covered in drool. It plays a few different songs and if I accidently bump it and it starts playing, his eyes light up and he starts looking around because he recognizes the sounds. It's pretty cute.

"Hey Pillow, I'm Preston."

Hanging upside down is his new favorite thing. I think he is going to be a daredevil because he loves being hung upside down, thrown in the air, or twirled around. Zach pretends he is an airplane and buzzes him all around. It gets him laughing every time.
2 comments:
He's getting so big!! I haven't seen him in like two months or something!
Also, I loved the "Hey Pillow, I'm Preston." picture... Hilarious!
Post a Comment