I was home sick from work today, so I took advantage of the free time to get caught up on some of my pictures. Zach decided to surprise me with presents each of the 24 days leading up to my 24th birthday. I believe we are on 13 now? Each day I have been getting a charm or a bead for what looks like a bracelet. I'll keep you posted. Anyways, each day I get a little note with my charm that says something adorable, or gives me a clue for the next day's surprise. One day last week, my note said "Hope you are feeling artsy! Get ready for a cucurbita maxima dissection tonight." After looking up the latin translation, I realized we would be carving pumpkins. We drove to the pumpkin patch and got a good one!


The old guy who worked at the pumpkin patch talked us into doing the maze he built. He could tell we didn't really want to do it, so he assured us "it's not lame, I made it for grown ups like us." It was actually pretty fun. I even got legitimately startled by a fake leg.
I designed the face of the pumpkin and Zach carved.
Finished! Too bad I'm horrible a horrible picture taker. We took several and couldn't seem to get all of the pumpkin in the shot. Oh well.
Saturday night we headed out to my parent's house to help with their ward's Trunk or Treat. Zach and I (and by that I mean Zach) decorated the car. We handed out candy and glow sticks for the kids and had so much fun.
This is our car. Cute huh?

Dad talked Zach into 1)parking cars and 2) wearing a neon orange quail hunting outfit while he did it. That's my man!
My sisters are Kate-- a "rock star"; Lydia--Miss America (obviously, notice the wave); and Alison--the Rodeo Queen. We had to stop her from trying to rope the dog... and small children.

3 comments:
That Zach...he's awesome! Sounds fun to have a gift to look forward to everyday!
Awww that's so cool! Sounds like yall had fun!
you guys are cute, and that's all there is to it.
Post a Comment