A side note: You know you're staying in a shady Ramada when you check in and the hotel manager lists the Winn-Dixie and Dollar General across the street as "local attractions."
Another side note: If I had a dollar for every Dollar General, Family Dollar, or Dollar Tree between here and Pensacola, I'd be rich. Who needs a Walmart when you have Dollar General?
Second of all: I currently have 3 months and some change left of my pregnancy! I am starting my third trimester and canNOT believe how quickly it's gone. Actually, some parts seemed to drag on forever, but for the most part it seems to have flown by. Below is a picture we took a month or so ago back when the baby was supposedly as big as a papaya. Now he's the size of an eggplant (according to my pregnancy books and websites). An "average" baby at this point is about 9 inches (not including legs) and weighs about 2 pounds. Judging by how much my belly is stretching...and the fact that I can feel him on both sides of my belly at the same time, I'm thinking he's a tad bigger than this--but then again, I'm no medical professional. I feel him ALL the time now. I mainly feel him rolling, twisting and squirming. Some days he takes naps and I get a break, but some days it's non-stop. He's running out of room to do all the ninja/gymnastics moves he was doing before, but he is definitely strong enough to pack a pretty hefty punch (or kick... or both at the same time) when he wants to! His activity level always picks up when Zach is talking to my belly; it's the sweetest thing ever. I haven't taken a picture with an eggplant yet... I guess I should get on that.
Thirdly, we are finally all moved in. The house is officially unpacked--minus a stray box here and there. Special shout out to my mom and Zach for helping the unpacking process along:) With the house unpacked, I can focus my attention on the baby's room! Here's a little project I worked on a few weeks ago. Since I had already started to accumulate some baby clothes (thanks Grammie and Nama!) I needed a way to keep all the sizes organized. I bought some wooden door hangers at Michael's and painted them with acrylic paint. Since I am horrible at adding pictures to my posts, you'll have to scroll down to see the closet dividers in action.
A few weekends ago Zach and I decided to put the crib together.....and by that I mean.....I played on the computer while Zach put the crib together. However, I was there to offer moral support, advice and an extra set of hands when he needed it (which was never...).
Sorry these pictures are all out of order! I don't have the patience to rearrange them. Patience has never been one of my virtues (as my loving husband often reminds me...) Anywho, Matt and I took this picture when our friend Bryce got back from his mission. Also, I got that dress on sale at the Motherhood Maternity outlet in Destin. Yay for cheap clothes! I thought I'd include this next picture because I probably go look at this outfit at least once a week. It's currently hanging in the baby's room and it's my favorite outfit for the little one so far. I can't wait for him to wear it! Thanks Grammie!
Zach and I are loving our new ward. It's great to go to church with so many family and friends. Zach got called to be in Cub Scouts and I got called as an Activity Days Leader. Yay!
I know there is tons more I could ramble about, but I'm not feeling very well. I think I'll have some Tums, Diet Coke, Zofran, and a nap. Love you all!


2 comments:
I'm so happy to hear everything is coming together with your new home and the baby room and such. I love the little closet clothes hangers too! Super cute...it makes me want to do that for myself. haha!
I love the clothes dividers! And I actually really love the nerdy matching shirts. I'm so happy for you guys :)
Post a Comment