Monday, January 30, 2012

The past two months...

Yes, yes, I know. I'm a horrible blogger. The holidays flew by, and now I find myself knocking on February's door without a blog post. I'll try to play catch up the best I can.

Christmas was great! It was our first (and last) Christmas in our apartment. Preston loved all of his presents, but mostly the Christmas tree lights and the wrapping paper...

Zach had a bunch of time off after Christmas, so we went up to meet Zach's parents in Greenville, SC. We are so happy that they have moved closer to us! It is about a 7 hr drive...which took us a little longer because of Preston. He was really good on the drive there, and not so good on the way back. But it was a long drive, so I couldn't blame him.

We moved in January! We bought our first home and have had a lot of fun getting settled. Almost everything is unpacked so now I just need to get everything clean enough to take pictures. Preston wigged out a little when all of his stuff got moved, but I think he has gotten over it now.

We don't have any crawling yet, but we have lots of sitting. I love that he can sit by himself and play with his toys now. It gives me a few extra minutes to get stuff done around the house.

Last week Preston and I got to go with Zach down to Tampa for a meeting he had. I love going with him on work trips because it's like we are on vacation. We stayed at a hotel near the airport and I got to see two really good friends. We got to eat at yummy places we don't have in Tallahassee and spend some quality family time together. Preston was not a fan of sleeping in the hotel room, but he was a trooper.

Matt leaves in a few days for his mission and I couldn't be more proud of him. Preston loves him a lot and always gets the giggles when he's around.

I promise a better post next time, but I'm afraid this is all I have the energy for at the moment :)

Getting a bedtime story on Christmas Eve.

We had an actual tree, but this was our BYU tree.


Opening presents on Christmas morning.



Self portrait in the kitchen.


Just hanging with Uncle Matty.







1 comment:

Annette said...

I LOVE his eyes! Such a cute little guy! You look fabulous by the way!