Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tampa Trip

Every so often Zach has to go to Tampa for his job and sometimes we are lucky enough to come along.  This time  we decided that with everything going on in our crazy life, Tampa would be a nice little distraction.for the family.  Both of our boys had been sick earlier that week and we almost didn't go, but we pulled it off in the end.  Off we went! We borrowed my parents' van to make the trip a little easier (we watched Cars and Truck Tunes all the way down and back...).  Check out the love bugs!



The first night we were supposed to go to Cheesecake Factory with Zach's coworkers.  We got there around 6:30 and by 7:30 were still waiting for a table.  With two cranky/hungry boys, I'm sure you can imagine how pleasant we were! About the time we were going to be seated, Max had a blow-out diaper that left him with no clothes.  The ONE time I hadn't packed an extra change of clothes is the ONE time we need them! So we said goodbye to Zach's coworkers and headed back to the hotel.

We were almost back to the hotel when we decided that we were not going to let one little bad diaper ruin our night.  Instead, we went to the Target across the street and bought Max an outfit.  We hit the Chili's on the corner and made the best of the night anyway.






The next morning I let the boys sleep in.  They were both still getting over being sick and I wanted them to be well rested.  We spent the afternoon with our friends Sarah, James, Savannah and Jacob.  Preston got a sweet (early) birthday present and we ate at Chick fil a while our kids played.  It's always great to catch up with friends.  The boys and I went back to the hotel and took nice, long naps.  That night we tried round 2 at Cheesecake Factory (this time by ourselves and much earlier so our boys wouldn't be so cranky).  It was fabulous... just as I had imagined.



The next day we woke up and headed to the zoo with our friends Karley and Brennan! It was Preston's second trip but I still don't think he knew what to expect.  He fed the giraffe, saw lots of animals, and rode a merry-go-round.  Right before we left I let him play in the splash area, thinking that he wouldn't want to get very wet. Boy was I wrong! In two seconds flat he was completely soaked.  He had a grand time though, and both boys took a nice, long nap! We met Zach after his meetings and went to CPK, a Tampa tradition.  Then we let Preston play around in the mall's play place. 

















The ride back home was pretty uneventful.  The kids did well until we hit I10 and then it was madness.  Oh well, what can ya do.



 

No comments: