In March we traveled to Montana for Zach's grandfather's funeral. It was the first time either of the boys had been on an airplane and we survived with very few melt downs. Luckily Jim and Debbie traveled with us from Atlanta on, so it was even better because we had four extra hands. It was a sad occasion, but I was so glad to finally meet that side of Zach's family. They welcomed me and my boys with open arms and I can't wait until we can see them again. While we were there, Uncle Duane made Preston's day (week, month, year, pretty much whole childhood) by taking him to see all sorts of construction trucks. It was the first time Preston had seen trucks in real-life instead of in a book, a movie, or from the car window. If it hadn't been so cold I think we would have stayed forever. This child was on cloud nine. Afterwards, we went to Uncle Duane's favorite store where Preston got a toy truck and candy. Yes, he was one happy boy!
Thursday, June 13, 2013
March Happenings
Well hello blog, it's been too long. At least according to my husband. Life has been the busiest it has ever been. I keep saying that I will get caught up on the blog when life slows down, but it doesn't look like that will be happening any time soon! I guess I'll just do my best to catch up.
In March we traveled to Montana for Zach's grandfather's funeral. It was the first time either of the boys had been on an airplane and we survived with very few melt downs. Luckily Jim and Debbie traveled with us from Atlanta on, so it was even better because we had four extra hands. It was a sad occasion, but I was so glad to finally meet that side of Zach's family. They welcomed me and my boys with open arms and I can't wait until we can see them again. While we were there, Uncle Duane made Preston's day (week, month, year, pretty much whole childhood) by taking him to see all sorts of construction trucks. It was the first time Preston had seen trucks in real-life instead of in a book, a movie, or from the car window. If it hadn't been so cold I think we would have stayed forever. This child was on cloud nine. Afterwards, we went to Uncle Duane's favorite store where Preston got a toy truck and candy. Yes, he was one happy boy!



In March we traveled to Montana for Zach's grandfather's funeral. It was the first time either of the boys had been on an airplane and we survived with very few melt downs. Luckily Jim and Debbie traveled with us from Atlanta on, so it was even better because we had four extra hands. It was a sad occasion, but I was so glad to finally meet that side of Zach's family. They welcomed me and my boys with open arms and I can't wait until we can see them again. While we were there, Uncle Duane made Preston's day (week, month, year, pretty much whole childhood) by taking him to see all sorts of construction trucks. It was the first time Preston had seen trucks in real-life instead of in a book, a movie, or from the car window. If it hadn't been so cold I think we would have stayed forever. This child was on cloud nine. Afterwards, we went to Uncle Duane's favorite store where Preston got a toy truck and candy. Yes, he was one happy boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes...that was a good day!
Post a Comment