....things can get interesting....
Since she is only 9, she is not allowed to wear "dangly" earrings. Unless she sneaks some from my jewelry box for a quick picture.....
Another Lydia story that happened a few weeks back. Mom and the girls went flip flop shopping and I decided to come along because my feet don't fit into anything but flip flops these days (as mentioned in previous posts). I found some really cute flip flops for Kate to try on with sparkles all along the top. I should have known better. Those of you who know Kate know that she is a no-fuss kinda girl. Even though by Burton family standards she is old enough to wear make up, she doesn't. She wears sneakers to school every day regardless of the adorable collection of flats that she has, and sometimes shows up to the bus with wet hair in the morning (Kate, if you are reading this, I find no problem with any of these traits and think it's great that primping doesn't consume your time yet). Anyway, Kate did not want anything to do with the sparkly flip flops I found and walked away. I asked Mom why in the world Kate didn't like these adorable flip flops not realizing Lydia was right behind me. Lydia answered, "because Kate is a tragedy." It was all I could do not to laugh out loud (again, Kate I do not think you are a tragedy. Lydia is just jealous that you are old enough to do all the things she wants to do and doesn't see why you don't take advantage).
I was pining over these heels I found (that didn't come CLOSE to fitting my big toe, much less my whole foot) and mentioned to mom how Kate had the body to rock these heels in her skinny jeans (in a few years) should she ever want to. Again, not realizing that Lydia was behind me. Lydia took it upon herself to find the tiniest women's size these heels came in to prove that she could rock them now. She walked in them like a pro! And they almost fit. You can't tell from the picture, but those are at least 4 1/2 inch platform heels.

She begged Mom to buy them for her. Mom of course said she was too young... which prompted "well when am I old enough? When I'm 10? 13? WHEN? Can I buy them for myself? I have enough money... PLEASE?? At least tell me what age I have to be! When I'm 10?" As we were walking to the check-out counter Lydia whispered "Sissy, when I'm older.... like maybe a pre-teen... or maybe when I'm 13... I want to go shopping with you so we can buy shoes without Mom's approval."
Oh dear.
4 comments:
Lauren and Kate are so alike! It must be the reason they are good friends and really like each other. Lauren has been able to wear make up since she was 12. She has finally started wearing it the past couple of months. She loves her t-shirts, skinny jeans, and tennis shoes. I try to get her to wear more "trendy" clothes, but her response is always, "I am who I am and I won't change for anyone." So kudos to Kate and Lauren for being who they are and not being swayed by the rest of us! Good times!
Love this post. It captures Lydia so well!!
oh my gosh, i can't decide whose personality i love more, kate or lydia! you are so lucky to have such a cute family to play with!
Oh that is so dang cute...I can see Rose doing the same thing to me in a few years!!!
Post a Comment