Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tampa Trip

Most of you know about Zach's job. He facilitates the process for attorneys to get board certified, and proctors the certification exams. He has to travel to different meetings throughout the year in preparation for these exams and the actual tests are in March and May. Preston and I got to come with him to the first round of tests and we had so much fun. Now that Preston is getting older, he is much easier to travel with. During the day, while Zach was proctoring exams, Preston and I got to catch up with friends and do a little shopping. Of course he charmed all the ladies from Zach's office, and used his cuteness to get tons of attention. Here are some highlights from our trip!


This was at The Cheesecake Factory. Preston played with the menus when he wasn't taking food off my plate, and cried when the server took them away.


I think this was the night that he refused his baby food for the first time in favor of food from our plates. He doesn't have teeth yet (although the corner of one has broken through!) but he can gum food like a champ.


Thursday we met Sarah, James and Savannah at the downtown library for Storytime. It was Preston's first Storytime and he loved it! At the end, they brought out a bubble machine and Preston curiously watched the bubbles with an excited look on his face. He didn't want the bubbles to touch him though, and flinched when the older kids popped them. I'm not sure what he thought would happen...




This is James. He and "Baby Preston" became big buddies. Here they are inside a train at the library.


We found a Preston-sized chair in Ikea. He has learned that cameras flash, and now smiles with his eyes closed.




We walked around Baystreet at the mall next to our hotel. Preston loved looking at the lights, noisy people and live music.






This is when I realized my kid was on a sugar high. I had given him apple sauce, apple juice, and a couple different kinds of fruits without even realizing it. Imagine the above picture with hysterical laughter for literally an hour. If I didn't know better, I'd say Zach spiked his apple juice... That's what I get for not giving him a more nutritionally balanced dinner.


Saturday we went to The Florida Aquarium with the Lahtinens. James, Savannah, and "Bay Pesin" had a ball looking at all the exhibits.


Why yes, I did dress Preston in his shark shirt just for the aquarium!


Believe it or not, this was the best picture we got of the boys.





Preston sitting in a big shell of some sort...


Savannah chillaxed in her stroller the whole time. She is so good! When they are 15, we will show them this picture.






On the drive home, Preston slept from Tampa to Gainesville. After that he giggled in the backseat the rest of the way home. He is SUCH a good baby!





Zach was over it. Can you tell?



1 comment:

Sarah said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Can't wait to see you again soon!

P.S. I LOVE that picture of Zach.....totally over it!